Monday, March 9, 2009

LAMININ



Tonight at bible study really set me on fire. We watched a video of Louis Giglio, not the one above but a different one, asking us if we were basically living for him or for the world. The video talked about living for the Kindom of Darkness (the world) or the Kingdom of Heaven. After the video, I shared that I feel like that has always been the elephant in the room. Living for worldy things - and talking about it - admitting that we all do it, and some don't know it or in denial about it. Since I have grown in my faith, I have tried to recognize the things I do/say and ask myself "Does this or will this glorify the Lord?" and that answer helps me make many decisions. I'm not perfect, I don't always glorify Him, but I try. And I am going to try harder. Well, after some discussion, I suggested we all pour out our insecurities, the things we struggle with, out to eachother, give permission to hold eachother accountable, and see where we are next week when we meet with those struggles. It was silent, then people started speaking up, and it seemed what one of us was struggling with, someone else in that room was stuggling with as well. I firmly believe that when you talk about this things in an honest way, confront your convictions with fellow followers, the support and accountability helps me get through it. So we all tried it, and I felt the Lord's presence so much. It was great. And I am giving my word, I will be praying for each and everyone one of those girls this week (and longer).

Anyways, about the video above. Heather and I were talking after BS, just about how great it was and how good God is, and I asked her if she ever watched this video. She reminded me I had sent it to her a while ago, and we talked about the effect it had on us. (Heather, you should post the one about the universe!) So when I got home, about to head to bed, I watched it again and was still in as much awe as when I watched it the first time. If any of you are a scan blog reader, I suggest you take a minute to watch this. It may get you as excited about God as it has gotten me! Its awesome!

1 comment:

  1. I've missed you on your blog :-)

    and I love this video - so so cool

    Way to go making people step outside of their comfort zones. I am a firm believer that growth as a Christian mostly occurs in authentic community -- which is a really hard thing to achieve and being honest and open is an important part of that process. God has totally opened my eyes to the importance of community to our walks with Him.
    :-) anyways, glad it went well - and wanted you to know that I'm praying for you too! :-)

    ReplyDelete