Tuesday, April 28, 2009

MIA

I know I have been MIA for the last month or so. Work has been crazy with all the storms we have been having. I am just now getting my feet on the ground and I am seeing light at the end of the tunnel. About that time, I bet I'll be sent off on another CAT duty!!! That's ok, cuz the dollar bills will make it all worthwhile!

Anyways.... lately, let's see. Sam turned the big 28 last Friday. We didn't get to do much - he was leaving for ATL for the weekend and I was headed to Jax so we didn't get to see eachother until Sunday...and by that time, we were too tired to think about birthdays!!! You know Sam, doesn't ever want to make a big deal about his bday. Heck - on Friday, he even forgot it was his own bday! Who does that!? (Was he like this as a child????)

So, since Sam went to ATL, I figured I would go to Jax to see my college roommate McKenna, who lives RIGHT on the beach! Well, on the way, I called our other roommate, Sabrina (who was the maid of honor in our wedding) and tried so hard to talk her into coming and suprising Kenna. Keep in mind, Bree never does things like this. She had to prove to me that the drive was just too long, and got on Mapquest and guess how long the "9 hour drive" from SC to FL was........only 4.5 hours! So, guess who came to the beach to suprise Kenna - SABRINA!!!!!!!! The 3 of us have not been together like that since school! We just pretended like we were in college all over again and had a B.L.A.S.T!!!!!

Our plans lately....we'll, Kristy's baby fever has been put on hold people....yes, it's on hold! Sam and I have starting planning and saving for additions to the house. This excitement has taken over! We are going to be getting a slab poured for Sam's barn/shed and the walkway from our front porch to the driveway (finally!!!) in the next month or so. Then we will build the barn (anyone want to help????)!! Then, where our deck is, we want to close that in to a sunroom -glass enclosure...and then, wait for it....wait for it....we are going to get a pool in our backyard! Thanks to Lacy for putting the pressure on (kidding Lacy!!).....we are planning on getting this done by next summer! CAT duty, here I come! Haha!

Anyways....I think that's it for now....oh yeah. Tara got married last weekend! She is now Tara Purvis (Candace, she loved the sign)! The wedding was beautiful, Tara was beautiful, and the night couldn't have been more perfect! Congrats!

I'll be back - and will try not to take so long to post anything. I don't even know who reads this thing, ah hem...but hopefully someone will appreciate the blogging! :):):)

5 comments:

  1. I appreciate it! :-) I was just feeling like I "missed" you and I havent even actually seen you since high school haha

    anyways, glad you've been busy and I think you need to post pictures of your additions/work :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. geez it's about time!:)
    Good thing I talk to my mom so much or I wouldn't know what the heck ya'll are up to. She told me ya'll are building a barn but I had no clue about the rest of the home improvements.
    Glad your doing ok.....don't work to hard. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad she liked the sign! All of your additions are exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all read it and are very appreciative when you type and post pics!! Love Love

    ReplyDelete