Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Annual Family Camping Trip

Last weekend, we drove up to Anderson, SC where Mom and Dad's condo is to go camping. Yes, I know, the condo is in walking distance from the campsite, but we still camped! The tradition started last year, when all the cousins and aunts/uncles got together for this camping trip last year. Sam and I couldn't make that trip, but we promised to make it up there this year. Brooke and Greg couldn't come, and my cousin Susanne couldn't come (still praying for you Sus) but those of us who were there had a blast!
On Saturday night, we called it Frontier Night. We had squirrel legs (really duck), Pheasant, Shark (really King Mackeral Fish), catfish nuggets, and some other strange things. We called it squirrel legs and shark for the mere entertainment for Jenni's kids! Andrew was so excited to eat squirrel legs and shark!!!!





Sam and I - we got to the campsite and my lovely Dad already set up our tent for us! He did the hardest part, in my opinion at least!


Sam and Kimbo





Andrew!



The boys relaxin

Our view!

My cousins, Jenni and Joey, with the help of Sam, trying to get the tarp up after Sam's strength pulled it over!


Alex


Andrew again!


The boys!


Self shot

Sam and I got up wakeboarding for the 1st time! It was so much fun, but I prefer skiing!!! Probably cuz I know how to do it! :)
I can't wait until next year to do this again!













2 comments:

  1. That's my kind of camping!!! Love the last pic....ya'll are super cute! Miss and Love you both

    ReplyDelete