Ok, I know I have been kinda very slack on this posting thing. But here I am! Well while you were waiting, we haven't really been up to that much...except for making a baby - which most of you know now!
The 1st doc appt went well - it was mainly a Q&A session and they gave us the due date of July 29th. Doing the math myself, I thought it was a little off, but they go by the 1st day of your last period...so I wasn't going to argue with the professionals! Then the 2nd doc appt was the physical exam. Luckily, I had just had my annual that month, so I didn't have to go through that again, which was a blessing, b/c if they would have done a breats exam, I would have cried! They are SO sore! Anyways, everything went well then too.
Monday was our 3rd appt. This is where we got to hear the heartbeat. When they did it the first time, over the belly (Doppler stethoscope) they couldn't hear it. They said that was normal, but someone of my size - not so normal. So I was freaking out - but then we got an ultrasound! Such a blessing - since we shouldn't have gotten one for 2 more months! So we got to see Baby Warren! He/She was the size of a gummy bear - but I could tell - he/she was as cute as ever! (wink) We heard the heart beat - 167 beats per minute (which they said was normal) and he/she was about 3 cm long! :) After the ultra sound, they put us in our doc's office to talk about the results. Not knowing this was normal, here I go freaking out again - but low and behold - the good Lord has his hand on this baby - he/she and I are perfectly ok....AND...the due date has changed....I am now due on July 25th! (I knew it!). I like this moving up the due date thing!

Here we are - this is 7 weeks (per the original due date). I am going to be doing this monthly and will try to keep this updated in real time!

This is what Baby Warren looks like now at 10 weeks in by belly!
And here's what Baby Warren REALLY looks like in my belly! See - so cute! :) PS - you can click on the pictures for a closer look!
Symptoms for now: nausea had gotten better (YES!!!!!!) still there but much better, super hungry ALL the time, sore and itchy breasts (which I read is normal), tired tired tired. I could sleep all day if my hunger didn't wake me up. Saturday's are my days of sleep. I'll sleep, wake up to eat, go back to sleep, wake up to eat, and go back to sleep, and so one! And I feel the least bit guilty! Hot flashes like crazy - Mom, I feel ya on that one now! Oh, and maybe, just maybe a little incy bincy bit moody. Other than that - we are good to go!

In other developments: Your baby's limbs can bend now. His hands are flexed at the wrist and meet over his heart, and his feet may be long enough to meet in front of his body. The outline of his spine is clearly visible through translucent skin, and spinal nerves are beginning to stretch out from his spinal cord. Your baby's forehead temporarily bulges with his developing brain and sits very high on his head, which measures half the length of his body. From crown to rump, he's about 1 1/4 inches long. In the coming weeks, your baby will again double in size — to nearly 3 inches.
The 1st doc appt went well - it was mainly a Q&A session and they gave us the due date of July 29th. Doing the math myself, I thought it was a little off, but they go by the 1st day of your last period...so I wasn't going to argue with the professionals! Then the 2nd doc appt was the physical exam. Luckily, I had just had my annual that month, so I didn't have to go through that again, which was a blessing, b/c if they would have done a breats exam, I would have cried! They are SO sore! Anyways, everything went well then too.
Monday was our 3rd appt. This is where we got to hear the heartbeat. When they did it the first time, over the belly (Doppler stethoscope) they couldn't hear it. They said that was normal, but someone of my size - not so normal. So I was freaking out - but then we got an ultrasound! Such a blessing - since we shouldn't have gotten one for 2 more months! So we got to see Baby Warren! He/She was the size of a gummy bear - but I could tell - he/she was as cute as ever! (wink) We heard the heart beat - 167 beats per minute (which they said was normal) and he/she was about 3 cm long! :) After the ultra sound, they put us in our doc's office to talk about the results. Not knowing this was normal, here I go freaking out again - but low and behold - the good Lord has his hand on this baby - he/she and I are perfectly ok....AND...the due date has changed....I am now due on July 25th! (I knew it!). I like this moving up the due date thing!
Here we are - this is 7 weeks (per the original due date). I am going to be doing this monthly and will try to keep this updated in real time!

This is what Baby Warren looks like now at 10 weeks in by belly!
And here's what Baby Warren REALLY looks like in my belly! See - so cute! :) PS - you can click on the pictures for a closer look!
Symptoms for now: nausea had gotten better (YES!!!!!!) still there but much better, super hungry ALL the time, sore and itchy breasts (which I read is normal), tired tired tired. I could sleep all day if my hunger didn't wake me up. Saturday's are my days of sleep. I'll sleep, wake up to eat, go back to sleep, wake up to eat, and go back to sleep, and so one! And I feel the least bit guilty! Hot flashes like crazy - Mom, I feel ya on that one now! Oh, and maybe, just maybe a little incy bincy bit moody. Other than that - we are good to go!
In other developments: Your baby's limbs can bend now. His hands are flexed at the wrist and meet over his heart, and his feet may be long enough to meet in front of his body. The outline of his spine is clearly visible through translucent skin, and spinal nerves are beginning to stretch out from his spinal cord. Your baby's forehead temporarily bulges with his developing brain and sits very high on his head, which measures half the length of his body. From crown to rump, he's about 1 1/4 inches long. In the coming weeks, your baby will again double in size — to nearly 3 inches.
10 weeks is very early to hear the heartbeat from a doppler. My dr told me not to get my hopes up at 12 weeks when he did it. 167 is a pretty fast heartbeat... you know the old wives tale about fast heartbeats?? What a cute little gummy bear!
ReplyDeleteCongrats again!! :-) you're going to be such a great momma! and i totally slept all the time when i was pregnant - i dont know how you're supposed to get through pregnancy if you have another one already -- maybe that's why we're not working on another one yet :-)
ReplyDeleteSo fun! He/she will be here before you know it. Enjoy every moment and keep us posted!
ReplyDelete