Friday, February 18, 2011

Addiction

Ok, I really do not have an addictive personality...but there are a few things I am addicted to - that I just cannot break!
My addictions:

1.  TV - I love watching TV.  Sam tells me he's never met anyone that likes TV as much as I do.  He must forget I have a sister named Brooke Byrd!

2.  Ebay - I hate shopping, but I love EBAY!  I mean, I look on there at least 5 times a day for some good deals.
     *My purchases lately:  A cool/modern DVD mount ($52 - in stores for $88), clothes for Annyson ($12 for a lot of 30 pieces of 6-9 mo clothes), Khaki pants for me for work ($2.99), Citizen's Jeans for Sam ($50 - in stores for over $180).  I just love good deals!

3.  Amazon and Swagbucks - so I use Swagbucks as my search engine and you can get "bucks" for searching the Internet, then when you get so many "bucks" you can buy things - I have bought Amazon gift cards.  So I have $15 to spend that I earned just from trying to find the end of the Internet!  So fun!  Hmmm...now what to buy!!! Some super cute clothes for Annyson? OK!

4.  Technology - I love the computer, iPhone, and assembling anything.

5.  Chocolate - ok, I was really hoping this would go away after I had Annyson, as that's when it started, but nope.  I love chocolate.  I ate all of Annyson's chocolate candies from her Valentines (better take advantage before she won't share with me!), and um...I"m still waiting for my Thin Mints Girl Scout Cookies!  (Yes, I bought 6 boxes...I know I know.  I'll count that as 5 b/c Jay has recruited himself a box!)

My new areas of interest:

I've never considered myself a creative person.  I remember in elementary school - when we had art projects, I'd look to see what my neighbors were making, and copy it b/c it was way cooler than what I could come up with.  I even stooped so low to put my name on some ceramic bowl that I, ah hem, didn't make but liked better than mine!  Mom still has it.  It says KRISTEN Kristy.  I don't know how I got away with that!

Anyways, so since I've had Annyson, I've gotten a little more creative - and a desire to make things.  I've made Annyson some flower hair bows, hair bow holders with ribbon, cool fabric wreaths, a cork pot holder, Annyson's food (which can entail some creativity), crocheted hats (Yes, Tara, Janae, and Lacy, yours are coming, I promise!).

And I really want to take sewing lessons.  I'm recruiting Janae to take them with me- all we need to do is sign up!   Then I can make curtains, pillows, Annyson's clothes, etc (I know, it will take awhile but I will be able to do it eventually!)

Hope ya'll have a great weekend!  TGIF!  And next week, Sam and I are going to MEXICO for my best friend's wedding so pray for safe travels and a beautiful ceremony filled w/ the Lord's presence for Sabrina and Brian!

Ta ta for now!  LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment