Sunday, January 29, 2012

Where's she been?

That's probably what some of you are wondering!  Sorry, been busy around here with stomach bugs, allergies from the pollen (IN JAN, I KNOW!!!)!  But I'm here, so don't you worry!

To make up for it, this post is going to be full of fun videos of Boogie Bear.

So, sometimes Annyson will "disappear" into our bedroom and does this (see below).  She does this when we are in there too, but this time I snuck up on her to video tape her.  If she knew I was taping - she'd quit.  I think she may be a perfectionist like me and super clean like her daddy.  You can't tell the clean part from this video, but after she was done playing, she starting singing "Clean up clean up...." and put it all away - and even shut the cabinets behind her.   Sam has trained her good!  And yes, for some reason, she likes to play w/ my tampons and panty liners....don't judge!



This next one is one of my favorites.  I just love when she wakes up like this!  Makes the whole day great!  My Boogs just rocks - its simple as that!



During breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner, is when Annyson and I have our "talks".  We talk about the day, we chat about what obedience means and how she can choose to obey or choose time out (I swear, she gets it.  Am I crazy?), we talk about everyone in the family and go through each one and she repeats their names after me, then we do the alphabet, and count to 10.  Then we sing songs and giggle at how silly we think each other are.   So, this is a video of our 2nd round of going through the family.  Please excuse her talking w/ her mouth full - we'll work on that later!

Bragging moment:  ok - now I know my child is somewhat of a maniac like I was, and I know sometimes she is a bully (she's just tough - that's what I keep telling myself), but let me tell you, I have a very SMART child.  I swear, she's gifted in that arena - just like her mother :).  Even my friends that are teachers comment on how smart she is and her teachers at school always tell me how she's very advanced for her age.  What mother wouldn't swell w/ pride at that??

Oh - and about the comment above about talking to Annyson about choices she can make, I feel like I need to expand on that.  I know some of you are probably thinking - "Yeah right, like she gets it".  I swear she does - when she's about to do something bad - we'll say "Annyson - you can CHOOSE to do the right thing and obey Mommy and Daddy or you can CHOOSE to disobey and go to time out"  She stops for a second, things about her options and 8 times out of 10, she chooses to do the right thing and we celebrate with a fun dance!  The other 2 times  - she goes to time out.  She screams and hollers but stays in one spot for 1 minute.   After time out, (is it bad that this is one of my favorite moments?) she stands up, I ask her to look in Momma's eyes, and we talk about how she made the wrong choice, made Jesus sad which made Momma sad, and that she needs to obey.  I ask her if she understands...and with those big blue sad puppy dog eyes, she mumbles "es 'em" (which means Yes Ma'am) and hugs me - then runs off to play.  But that moment, when she's looking straight into my eyes with tears still of pity still falling down her face - my heart just fills with so much joy and happiness.  I think its b/c #1, I know she's listening, and #2, she looks so darn cute, and #3, her hugs afterwards are the best bear hugs shes got!

Ok - now, to the video :)

2 comments:

  1. Luke used to do the same thing with his cars. He would line them up until he ran out. I wonder if it's a firstborn thing? she is getting SO BIG! And she really is a smart cookie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice! I'd like you to show her my picture daily and get her to say my name, k? hahaha

    ReplyDelete