Monday, February 11, 2013

Red, Yellow and Green

At school, they've implemented the "Green, Yellow, and Red" faces.  Green is very happy, yellow is kind of sad, and red is very very sad.  

Day 1:  Annyson ended up on Yellow b/c she continued to take toys away from her friends.
Day 2-5 or something like that:  Green and she was super pumped about it as were we!  She'd run into the house and get so excited to tell me she was on Green!
Friday:  I told her if she was green ALL day, we could go get ice cream.  She was....Yellow, but moved back to Green, but I held strong...no ice cream b/c she wasn't on green all day long.  PS...it was really hard b/c Vann was looking forward to ice cream all day!

We told her that if she was ever on red she would get punished at home too.  Not sure if she understood, but we went with it.

Today.....she was on RED.  She hit a boy in the face, she disobeyed A LOT.  I picked her up and told her we needed to go get her stuff and see what color she was on today.  Her teacher walked out and said "Don't ask".  I asked Annyson why she was on red and she said "I was mean today Mommy".  So after speaking to the teacher, we got into the car and I told her I was very sad she was on Red and we needed to go home and tell Daddy.  She begged me "I not want to tell Daddy.  Pls don't tell Daddy".  I told her she was going to have to tell him and she cried.  Then Aunt Brooke called and I started to tell Brooke what happened and Annyson begged "No tell Aunt Brooke Mommy".  I think she was embarrassed.  GOOD!

So she told Daddy she hit a boy in the nose and chin.  That she did not obey.  That she went to time out.  And that she didn't want a spanking at home.

We took all the things she loved away - which stunk b/c all the things she loves I love to do with her.  No dessert.  No coloring.  No treats after potty.  No bath with Mommy.  No story.  No songs at bed time.  Basically - no fun!  And we told her - if you get on red - it's no fun at home.  She pouted (and I kind of did too).

Although she had a bad day...here's my Goose at her best.  I couldn't leave you thinking my kid was awful! :)  






Praying for a day of Green tomorrow so we can have FUN!

4 comments:

  1. Maybe the kid deserved a punch in the nose......Paps

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exactly what Nonnie was thinking.....hopefully she was just sticking up for herself????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahah - that's funny! Not sure it was warranted. I asked the teacher but don't remember the exact reason. I know that if it was for a good one, we wouldn't have punished her so bad!!! I"ll ask again in the morning! Ya'll make me laugh so hard.

    ReplyDelete