We left to check into the hospital on Mother's Day. Sam fell fast asleep in the lobby and never heard them call my name - which I thought was quite funny!
All gowned up and ready to try to sleep!
Vann's arrival was scheduled for 11:00am. Then that morning, they came in and said that he was pushed back to noon. I told Sam this was going to be a long day and begged the nurse to squeeze us in if there was an opening - and guess what...there was! I was rolled back and the c-section started around 9:30am (I think).
And there he was - my sweet Vann
| Doesn't he look like Annyson?? |
| Look at those lips :) |
This is one of my favorite pictures. I so wish I could have been there for this moment but so thankful Sam caught it on camera. This is Annyson seeing Vann for the very first time. She was so excited!
| Sweet boy |
Vann was born in the morning and I was not able to see him until around 5:00pm. This is the first moment I got to hold my boy. He was under respiratory distress (whatever that means) after he was born. They kept him in the nursery to keep him under observation. They finally brought him down to us and told us what to look out for - signs he was having trouble breathing. Needless to say, I was watching him like a hawk.
We let him go back to the nursery so we could sleep and the next morning they said he was out of the respiratory distress and was perfectly healthy. What sweet words to hear. The nursery nurse later told us that she didn't think he'd recover that quickly and would have to spend time in the NICU. She said she was amazed he is no longer in distress. They didn't tell us it was that serious at the time - but I was just so thankful for the clean bill of health for my boy.
| She loves checking out his eyes |
| One of my favorite moments |
Having a boy has already changed me. I assume I'd feel the same way if Vann was another little girl, but my heart has exploded with love for my two babes. People said that you love little boys differently. I don't love him any more than I do Annyson - I just love him differently. I love that we get to teach him to how to be a man of God, how to be respectful to girls, how to be a gentleman, and how to be a leader among his friends and his own family one day. I'll show him how to romance the ladies too - I definitely won't leave that up to Sam! LOL
Annyson has impressed me and is such a good big sister. Sure - she has her moments where she doesn't understand why Vann gets his paci all day long and she doesn't, why she has to go to bed "early" and Vann gets to stay up, why Vann gets to sleep in Mommy and Daddy's room but she can't....but we are working through that. The good thing is - she loves her brother and well - so do I!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment