Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A Tribute

Well - today is nothing special, just a normal ordinary day of work, and drive time. While I am on the road (which is the majority of the time) I have a lot of time to think, reminess, and just be. Well, I found this old CD I made my self in college, my sophomore year to be exact. I was listening to it on my home, and came across this song about a 'little song bird' and I found myself consumed in that song wtih tears filling my eyes. It reminded me of my Kati - my best friend. Its been, gosh, 7 years now. I have to admit, I don't cry about losing her that often anymore, but think of her quite a bit - but don't cry anymore. But today, something just made me miss her and made me sad. But I enjoyed being sad for that moment b/c it brought be back right there with her. That I loved.


(Isn't she just beautiful)



So I though I would post a little tribute to Kati. For my high school friends who miss her as much as I do, for her mother who is amazlingly strong, and for me.



Ya know, Kati had some hard times. She faced many many battles - but she was always there for me - no matter what she was going through. I mean, my hard times in HS were nothing, I mean NOTHING, compared to what she faced - but she made me feel like I wasn't crazy b/c I thought my life was over from a break up with a boy. Looking back now - I feel silly for being so dramatic (I mean, who wasn't in HS, right???).

Anyways, Kati taught me alot. She taught be how to be a true, loyal friend. She taught me how to love others in a different way than most people love. A deeper love (Hey - this is prob why I am so sensitive people! hehe) - the way she loved.

She taught me how to love God. How to have a relationship with Him. She taught me to have faith, even in the hardest, most darkest moments.

She taught me how to laugh at myself. (Really, before I learned this, I could dish it out, but couldn't take it in). How to find humor in all situations.

She taught me how to let go when the time is right.

So I though I would post my favorite poem ever written. This was written after Kati had passed by our friend Ashley.


Sing Bluebird, Sing
Written for Kati by Ashley Davenport



I can still see its tenderness hidden somewhere in those eyes,
and their striking blue reflection leaves its beauty no disguise.
I wish that I could reach inside you, and pull it out once more.
I want to hear it sing with life, so free just like before.



So sing, bluebird, sing.
Go on and fly with all your heart.
When I see you trapped inside yourself,
my spirit falls apart.



Sometimes I think I hear it, but it never lasts for long.
For it's silenced by the deep blue sea that drowns out it's sweet song.
Yes, that raging sea behind your eyes, where angry winds are heard,
and tidal waves sweep over my precious, fragile bird.



Just sing bluebird, sing!
I know your song's still there.
You've got to look at the world outside
and find the strength to care.



I used to think I could free you--
just wipe my hand across your eyes,
and throw that tiny bluebird
straight back into Freedom's skies.



Won't you just sing bluebird, sing!
I know there's nothing I can do.
I'll just keep on praying for that day
when you can hear the music too.



**if you would like to read more about Kati and her journey you can go to www.katiross.homestead.com

2 comments:

  1. She definitely had a way of making everyone around her laugh. She was infectious. I think of her often too. I always loved that poem. Ashley is a very talented poet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this sweet post today my friend. Brought tears to my eyes . . .

    ReplyDelete