Sunday, October 10, 2010

Getting Creative!



I may now have a hobby!  During maternity leave, I got....well...somewhat bored and everyone who had 8-5 jobs got many many phone calls, emails, IMs, and texts from me!  I mean, it got to the point where Whitney told me I needed to find a hobby....other than watching TV.  So here it is!

I've been spending lots of time reading blogs and I found some that I love!  They are on the side bar to the right.

So, first thing - Brooke and I went to the Honeybee Festival and I saw these things I thought were so cute and they were selling for $6...for one.  And I thought to myself...I could so make that.  Motivation #1.

The cute decals I used for weights are pre-made from wood for $.67 each.  The ribbon was $5 for 2 - which I only used a little bit of yarn from both...so there's plenty of ribbon left over.  And bows- all gifts :)  So - cheaper than buying at the festival!

Ok - now these blogs - I've been wanting to do something to the house for fall.  So I found some great ideas from other DIYers out there and this is what I have done.

Wreath #1:

Ok - I just love this.  These sorts of wreaths sell for like $50-70 dollars and that's probably low balling it.  So I saw this on someone else's blog and thought...hey, I can do that!  So....voila!


And I will be making one more of these to use as a center piece on my dining room table....just not pink :)

Wreath #2:

   
I just think this is adorable!!!!
I don't know how much these would sell for, but if you want one, I can make it!!!!!
Here is the wreath on the door again -and the box idea...I got that from my friend Katherine.  She used it in her son's room...and I loved it.


Oh yeah - and my mantle...






Well...whatcha think?

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE THEM!!!! I love all fall decorating! The hairbow ribbons/ holder reminds me of the one that my mom made me when I was little! I still have it too! The wreaths are beautiful- and I will be making some of the same for Christmas!
    They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them too! I want to make a front door wreath!! Which blog did you find it on?

    ReplyDelete