Monday, June 18, 2012

Thankful

Today I was reminded of how lucky I am.  Now, I don't know many details but have just heard news that one of my sorority sisters (name will remain anonymous) has lost her 2nd baby.  She had to give birth to a still born baby and has lost this one too.  I can't even imagine.  And to think - sometimes I get frustrated with my little one when she misbehaves, says "NO", gets out of her big girl bed - over and over, throws tantrums...and the list goes on.  I will take those any day and thank God for them.   I will pray for forgiveness for not savoring those moments (although I realize I am human).  I need to remind myself to savor those moments like I do the moments when she shares a cheese it with me and says "Welcome Mommy.  Love ya", and when she asks me to lay down with her and instead of asking me to rub her back she'd like to rub mine, when she falls down and then desperately is looking to me to kiss her boo boo, and when she reaches up to hold my hand - just because.

If you find some spare time, please pray for "Kristy's Sorority Sister".  He'll know who you are talking about ;)

A wise friend once told me "God allows our children to misbehave to remind us we are not in control". I just love this and need to constantly remind myself of this - and just be thankful.


No comments:

Post a Comment