Sunday, July 15, 2012

Bed time is a challenge!

Bedtime.  Used to be glorious for us all.  Annyson would go down perfectly.  Sometimes I couldn't believe it!

Well, now....let me just tell you what its like (to prepare you Nonnie and Paps for next weekend).

Preface:  I always wonder how her day care gets ALL those kiddos to sleep every single day at the exact same time and they stay asleep (unless your name in Annyson) for 1-2 hours.  Well, now I get it.  They "love" them to sleep.  They sit next to them, pat their hinies & sing them songs until they go to sleep.  I have to say, Annyson has taken a liking to this "phase".

At our house:  Bed time - this is still normal btn 7:30-8.  She's in her big girl bed futon - still no problem there.  Now - she insists on one of us getting in the bed with her to read her stories - still no problem with that.  Here's the problem - she screams bloody murder if you get up before she's ready.  When you try, she will choke hold you down in the bed begging you to stay for a "minute".   That "minute" is usually at least 20 minutes until she finally gives up and her heavy eyes win.

Will this phase end?   Oh, please say yes!

She got in the habit of getting out of her bed futon way too early so she now knows she can't get us until the sunshine is out - so btn 6:30 and 8 she will come waltzing into our room and poke my cheek and say "Momma - get up.  Eat Momma".  I beg her to give my 5 more minutes (yeah right) and I get away with about 30 more seconds as I tell her to bring her passie (that's a whole other post) back in her bed and go pee pee in the potty.   But I have to say - waking up to her pokes are much better than waking up to her screams - which is what it used to be like before I let her get up w/ the sunshine :)

Nonnie and Paps - a big hug and maybe a bottle of wine awaits you as an advance "payment" for keeping A this weekend!  LOVE YOU!

2 comments:

  1. I'm counting on this phase ending. We're not to that point yet. We did turn Judah's doorknob backwards so after he's gotten out of the bed about ten times we just lock him in. He HATED that at first, I mean threw the ugliest fits ever, but now when we do it he usually lays down next to the floor and falls asleep.
    Good luck! I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh girl, I can't even begin to tell you how deeply I feel your pain. Remember, its all a phase! :-) or at least that's what I'm banking on!

    ReplyDelete