This was our conversation while waiting for her medicine to be ready...
Annyson: Mommy, where is Harrison?
Me: Babe, he lives in Seattle
Annyson: Why Mom?
Me: Because that's where Aunt Whitney and Uncle Jody choose to live just like we choose to live in Valdosta
Annyson: I not want to live in Valdosta Mom
Me: Well, where do u want to live?
Annyson: Home Depot
I laughed all the way home!
Yes, my Goosey is sick. I had to pick her up from school with a 103 temperature. I've never seen her that pitiful. I'm not going to lie - I was scared when I saw her. I was going to take her straight to the doc, but they were closed for lunch, so we came home. I was thinking she'd sleep until we left for the doc, but right when we came home its like a light switched and she was hungry (thank goodness) and just wanted to play. I could tell she was puny, but she still felt better (the Tylenol must have kicked in).
Before I took her to the doc, her temp went down to 99.0 and off we went. I have never seen her do that well at the doctor's office before. She is fascinated by what the doctors to do her. Taking her temp, taking her blood pressure (like an adult now!), swabbing her nose and her throat, checking her ears and nose, listening to her heart - she is so patient and looks as if she's soaking it all in! Maybe one day she'll be a doctor...or a comedian! They did a strep test and a flu test - both came back negative but the doc said she's 99.9% sure she has the flu and thank goodness, they are treating her for both just to be safe.
Say some prayers it doesn't spread through the house. I"m sure it can't be good for Vann (oh by the way, for those of you who don't know - we are having a little boy in May!). I called my OB and got some preventative meds so fingers are crossed. Sam's asking where his preventative meds are :)
In writing this, I just remembered our discussion on our way to school. [Sidebar: Did you know my kid can spell her name, name the letters of the alphabet when you show her the letter in any order, and count to 10 in Spanish? I know, I'm amazed too. ] Annyson loves to ask anyone what their favorite part of anything is. This was our chat this am...
Annyson: Mommy - whats your favorite part?
Me: What's my favorite part of what Annyson?
Annyson: Mommy! Your favorite part!! What is it?
Me: My favorite part is when you obey!
Annyson: My favorite part is playing with chu
I made her say it again it was that sweet! Love her more everyday! Can't wait to love 2! :)
Aww...congratulations on another little one!
ReplyDelete