A comb + detangler + scissors + hair clips = ...
Annyson's 1st hair cut!
![]() |
| Some of the evidence |
I've been thinking about cutting her hair for a couple of months now but never had the guts to do it. Not b/c I didn't think I could - but b/c her curls that I love so much may go away with the trim. But it was time. After her time at the pool and the beach, her hair was getting stringy and - well - just too long.
I prefaced the hair cut by telling her she is NEVER allowed to do this to herself. She responded with "Only adults, right mom?" RIGHT!
Sam doubled checked with me to be sure I was sure I wanted to cut it myself. I thought - heck, if I mess up I'll take her to get it cut by a professional! How hard can it be??
After I wet and combed her hair the cutting began. She was quite patient at first, but then got all squirmy. A popsicle helped for about 3 minutes, a beach ball for about 5. Then as it dried I kept wanting to layer it some more. If a professional hair dresser saw my masterpiece they may get quite a laugh, but for us - I think it looks just fine!
![]() |
| Take 1 - Hard to tell but I think she looks so much more grown up now :( Sidebar: she loves posing like this. |
![]() |
| Take 2 |
Two completely unrelated items...
1. She insisted on wearing this to school today. I couldn't resist obliging. Go Dawgs!
2. She and I took our first dirt road ride. I didn't grow up doing this but think it will be neat for us to do this w/ the kids. We saw 2 cows, 2 goats and counted 5 birds we saw on our ride!
Blog post to come.... we took the weekend to start a new project...we cut the concrete driveway so it doesn't look like a garage was ever here. Photos and the "story" behind how this happened to come :) Project to be completed this week.






No comments:
Post a Comment