My cousin, Susanne, has battled with CF her entire life. Through the battle, she has always remained strong...and funny. CF never stopped Susanne from helping me salt and pepper her brother's drink at every holiday at our grandparents house. She is my inspiration to always fight - no matter what.
Susanne and her mother have been living in Pittsburg awaiting a double lung transplant. This was the only hospital that would accept her in her condition. Others told her to go home and call hospice. Who are they to tell someone to quit? That just made Susanne stronger and want to fight harder. By no means was this easy...I can't even imagine. But she is resilient.
Susanne and Aunt Pam prayed for a day of snow up there....it snowed. We all have been praying for a match for Susanne.....THEY FOUND A MATCH!
Susanne went into surgery at 5:30am and the procedure was successful. She recognized her mother and husband, and is recovering. "The best Christmas gift ever, my daughter out of surgery with new lungs. Saw her and she knew I was there. Ricky & I were next to her bed. I told him we had better leave that we are tiring her out. She shook her head no. She may look like she doesn't know what's happening, but she does. So good to see. A miracle is happening right before our eyes."
The Lord does answer prayers. Susanne, her family, and I request that you continue to pray for her recovery, and also pray for the girl who lost her life to give Susanne hers. She was 20 years old. Bittersweet - but a miracle.
I love you Susanne!

No comments:
Post a Comment