Sunday, July 14, 2013

Picture Perfect

While on Facebook I saw something called MixTiles.  Its where you can use your photos to create a small square photo on a board that is hung by putty - or something like that.  You can get 6 of them for $60.   I was texting the owner/creater back and forth asking question b/c I was very inclined to buy them and give them a try.    Then I found this.

I had some spare time on my hands and thought this was a perfect project for me to do after Vann arrived.   It wasn't too labor intensive and I really needed something on a wall that gets a lot of attention in the house (at least I think it does).

So I found canvases on sale at Hobby Lobby and used a coupon code for the 8x10 prints.  I think this project in total cost me maybe $30.  And I love love love the way it turned out.

**Recommendation:  Use matte MOD Podge instead of gloss and don't be scared to MOD Podge over your photo - it goes on in a milky color but dries clear.  And don't miss a spot or you will be able to tell.

Practicing the lay out to text to Sam while he was at work to make sure he liked it.

Changed it around a bit

 I used the Command Strips to hang up the pictures.  I never believed these things worked but whadda know...they do!  And believe the instructions - they will damage the wall if you don't take them off properly!

After using my eyes, command strips and praying my eyeballing techniques were satisfactory...here it is!  


1 comment: