Ok, well this was my first Christmas away from the Noble side of our family....and I missed them so much but we had a blast! Mom, Dad, Brooke and Greg - it wasn't the same without you, and I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU AND CELEBRATE OUR CHRISTMAS NEXT WEEK!!!!! Greg, wear your snake boots! HA!
The day began at 6:30am (yes, 6:30 in the morning people) with Sam and I opening our stocking gifts with eachother, then (Sue Ellen, my mother in law and Jay, bro in law, spent the night) Sam and I cooked biscuits and gravy for breakfast for everyone. We opened gifts, took lots of pictures and started to get ready for a full day in Camilla (photos to come). It was so nice to see the family, however, I spent most of the time outside with the kids (imagine that), petting Cowboy the horse and being a kid myself! The food was delicious - I am still full and still eating for some reason....who cares, its Christmas right!
Christmas is such a great time of the year, to celebrate the birth of Jesus - it gets me emotional every year (and throughout the year) thinking about how much Jesus loves me and what he did for me (us). But Christmas also makes me think of the ones we have lost. I thought about Kati and Grandma alot today and last night at church, but smiled thinking of all the fun memories I had with them. It made me wish so badly I could have met Stanley, Sam's dad, to know and laugh at the memories that were said about him. Apparently, he was a funny man!!! Sam says he doesn't think the family could have taken us both at the same time! He says we are so much alike: silly pranksters, we would have drove everyone crazy! But I still miss him even though I never got to meet him - but trust me, I know him - my husband is just like him in many many ways! (Lucky me!) And of course Uncle Bill was missed. Grandma (Sam's grandmother) said she missed him so much; bringing in the food, cutting the ham, always taking care of everything. But they were all there with us - no doubt about it.
We left Camilla about 5:30, got home and are now packing for our annual North Georgia trip to Blue Ridge with our friends! We usually go for New Years, but our friends Rozie and Wes are getting married on Jan 3rd (YAY!) so we planned it early to be on the safe side! I am so excited to relax in the hot tub, go horseback riding, and enjoy time with friends!
I'll post pictures later - gotta start packing away!!!!
Love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment