Saturday, January 24, 2009
Cat Duty Story for the Day
Ok - so I went to my last claim for the day....first of all, I get lost going there (imagine that), then I pull up and there are 3 goats tied to a fence...I was thinking, "I want a goat - they are so cute". And then I get out of the car and smell was God AWFUL!!! I mean, I wanted to hold my nose and I wasn't even in the house! Thank goodness I didn't have to go in. So I ring the doorbell....nothing. I go to the door inside the garage/carport area, knock and this teenage girl comes to the door, then her mother....and when they open the door, I almost passed out!!!!!! I mean really, I lost my footing for a second! I try to hold by composure and ask them to show me the damages out back. As they come out, the mother said, in some sort of English - "sorry it took so long, I am cooking." Ok - that smell is something she was cooking...I sure as heck would never eat it! So I go out back, and they have had a company come and dig up their yard to where there sump pump is, following the drains. The claim was for the sump backing up. (And that was not even that bad of a smell compared to whatever this lady was cooking!). Get this - they have 8 people living there and due to the excessive toilet use...the drains were too saturated to work! (Heather, I can hear you now....kind of laughing said "That is disgusting!") So the daughter is the only one I can understand, and trying to be friendly and sociable (and nosey), I asked what they were cooking. The mother said something I couldn't understand and the daughter told me it was a Russian dish. So I talk about the claim and ask for estimates, etc and the daughter goes in leaving me outside with the mother. Trying to talk during the awkard silence of just looking at eachother....it clicked.....those goats are not pets!!!!!! Nosey again, I asked the mother, "So are those goats for pets or.............food?" She smiled and said "Oh for food, yes food, food, food!" UGH!!!!! I know that is sacrificial in some cultures, but if goat is what that woman was cooking, I WILL NEVER EAT IT! My clothes still smell like that dish! I had to bag them up and put them in the far closet in my huge hotel room!!!!!!!!!!! Disgusting, huh!?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
YES, YOU WERE RIGHT. I WAS TRYING TO EAT LUNCH, BUT HAD TO QUIT AFTER I STARTED READING!
ReplyDelete