Well, I'll start of with a little bit of what's been going on in my life/walk. A couple of weeks ago, I went to Christian conference where Lisa Terkyerst (sp) was speaking and I was completely blown away and on fire for God when I left. I spent all the time that I found, reading His word, reading books on how to be a godly wife and how to glorify the Lord in all that I do. Well, since then, I have felt completely attacked by Satan. I feel like Satan is constantly on by back, riding my heels...always there. Its like a huge weight I couldn't seem to get rid of...until today.
Today was a great day. I was in my car, listening to the radio, and 104.7 the fish said "Have you ever felt like saying, 'God, where are you? I need you now, where are you?'". And at that moment, I realized I felt like that when Satan was attacking me...I thought, "God, I need you to give me the strength to push past this. Where are you?" Well, at that moment, I stopped everything I was doing, and prayed, "Lord, reveal yourself to me. Show me your presence Lord".
I got out of the car, went to where I was going and a man came up to me and said, "Here, I think you should have this". Mind you, I had never met this man before. I looked at him like he was crazy, until I looked down at what he had given me....a book called "Seeing and Savoring Jesus Christ" by John Piper. Tears just filled my eyes. I couldn't believe that God heard me in that moment, and not even 2 minutes later, He answered my prayers and revealed Himself through this man.
Well, the man saw the tears...and said, "Mam, this is what I do. I buy these books and when I feel the Lord tell me to give it to someone, I do. Right then, in that moment, I give that person a book.". More tears, as you can imagine. I then told him what I had just prayed and he said - "Just allow Him to work in your heart, dear. Focus on Him and nothing else".
I shook his hand, said thank you, and walked back to my car in complete awe on my AMAZING GOD. He heard me. He hears me, loves me, and wants a whole, complete relationship with me. Sometimes I think....I am just me....but God wants "just me".
Just seeing if this works....
ReplyDeleteGirl -
ReplyDelete1) I love that you blog - I am a total stalker...yes I saw your weblink on Facebook and clicked on it...
2) This story is FREAKIN AMAZING. Yes, so much so that I felt the need to say "Freakin". Just so awesome - I am so pumped for you and all that God is doing in you and through you right now - so inspiring!
3) So I'm student teaching at Lassiter (yes, it's like a bad Groundhog Day movie....I keep repeating high school over and over, except this time I'm getting my Masters in Ed, so I guess that's a little better....) and little James Goodin is in one of my classes. I told him the story of when Janae's mom came to pick us all up from Cowboy's in the "Space Van" and we almost died of embarrassment and laughter - do you remember that? I couldn't remember if you were there that night or not - I think you were. Anyway, fun times :)
This still gives me chills!
ReplyDeleteThat is so neat. Thanks for sharing this. It encourages me to listen more and always obey when God prompts me to do something. I'm glad you were blessed!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great story! Don't you just love how God knows just what we need and when we need it?
ReplyDeleteAnyways, I actually am on staff with a ministry downtown that works with our kiddos (Metro Kidz) Plus Adam and I work for a summer camp that they go to -- and Adam is actually leaving teaching to start a mentoring program through the ministry that runs the summer camp - so we are pretty invested in working with our kiddos -- I love it! It has been such an adventure to feel like we've discovered what God wants to do with our lives :-)
ps- we ended up watching Chuck at a friend's so we could record House and the bachelor - I cant wait to watch them :-)