I am assuming that by 6 places, it refers to 6 places I have been...? That's what I'm going with!
1. Hawaii - with the family when I was little. I was too young to appreciate it. I would love to go back!
2. Nova Scotia (traveled there by boat from Maine) This is definitely something I'd like to take Sam back to go do. Maine is beautiful! We took a boat to Nova Scotia, that made lots of people sea sick, and from what I remember, took a bus to the top of this mountain to watch the beautiful sunset in the freezing cold, and rode bikes the rest of the day down the mountain. It was awesome!
3. London - I studied there for a summer in college... I was there during the terrorist attacks that occurred there - bombs in train stations, on the tube itself, buses blown up, etc. I actually saw a bus blown up but a self bomber. Watched him get on the bus and everything. Very sad. Many students left afterwards, but I figured if it was my time to go, it would be my time no matter where I was in the world.
We went to Stonehenge the first day...
Rode the tube station everywhere...
Went to Wimbledon - PS - I didn't know until then that tennis matches were NOTHING like baseball games! Except you could drink beer!
4. And traveled to Paris (wouldn't go back). We stayed a hostel in Paris, myself and 3 other girls. The shower is what I remember most - I couldn't even stand up or sit down for that matter and my shoulders touched both walls - its was small. I got to climb the Eiffel Tower. Each step is numbered so you know how many you have climbed (which I don't remember) and then there were elevators to take you up the rest of the way - when you had to quit.
Notre Dame
A real picture we took - this is really what I saw. Pretty, huh?
5. Amsterdam (the pot wigged me out). I saw someone get pit pocketed, and almost got arrested in the red light district b/c I didn't know you couldn't have a camera. Trust me, I was not trying to capture the not so pretty women in the windows selling their souls (sad, I know). I was just wanting to take a picture of the culture. The police took my camera - good thing it was a disposable!
Check out these huge pancakes they served us!
6. And Scotland - by far my favorite place. We went to Edinburgh and stayed in a hostel across from this castle. Some pics below. This is a place I would definitely want to come back to.
This is the hostel we stayed at:
![]() |
| See the castle? |
![]() |
| Outside of our hostel. |
I've been many other places, but those were the most fun to write about :)
I'm glad I got those travels in b/c I just so happened to marry a man who would be perfectly happy never leaving Lowndes County. So lots of girl trips to plan! However, I do have him on board to go up to Maine...but Seattle is our next stop!












You got most of the Maine and Hawaii trips right. After the jet boat ferry took us Nova Scotia from Maine rode bikes out to the point where the lighthouse was. It was Maui, Hawaii where we took a bus to the top of Mt. Haleakala (the volcano that formed the island), watched the sunrise (note photo at the condo), then coasted down the mountain, having lunch along the way, to return the bikes. We didn't have to pedal at all on that ride!
ReplyDelete