Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Ouch!

In the midst on weaning on the milk production - I have developed a clogged milk duct - I think.  Man its painful!  Luckily, one of my friend's dad is a doc - so I placed a call to make sure I was not going to die of this pain!  Still waiting on a call back!  Haha!

The pain has gotten a bit better, but from what I read - this is normal when weaning.  I am not weaning Annyson from the breast milk, but since I am producing so much, I am weaning on the production of it so we can get down to not having to pump after Annyson nurses.  It is so much easier to just feed her and be done!  I'd like to stop producing by the time I go back to work.   With all the travel I do, pumping would just be difficult.  And I ride in the car w/ men all day - so can you imagine... "Hey So and So - can you pull over into this gas station so I can pump?".  Yeah - not going to happen.  But that's not until October, so we'll see how it goes!

Oh and guess what - after being back to work for a week, I have to go to ATL for an overnight trip!  It will have to be like tearing off a bandaid - just gotta do it :(  But again, not till October! :)  

Check this craziness out!  Don't get me wrong, I am thankful for the supply, but geesh!




And here are just some recent pictures of our sweet Annyson.  Can you believe she will be 4 weeks on Thursday??



I think she is going to be like me in the sleep department.  I mean, look at her shielding the light from her eyes.  And when its time to eat and I have to wake her up - she give me the look of  "You have GOT to be crazy!  I'm trying to sleep here!" 

A glimpse of a smile coming on.   I don't care if the gas makes her smile - its the cutest thing ever!

I mean - come on!  So stinkin cute!  Annyson actually likes bath time.   It took me a few times to get down what she likes, but again, I think she gets this from me (probably the amount of baths I took being preg) but Annyson likes a warm bath.  I mean, not the luke warm bath you are supposed to bathe babies in - she likes it warm - I mean warm.  Not hot, but hot for a baby I guess.  The first couple of times, she cried like crazy.  Heck, I would cry if I had to bathe in that water.  So I tried it a little warmer, but didn't fill it up that high - still cried.  Then I tried the same temp and more water and voila!  No more tears!  

Life is just so hard being a baby!  What a long day!

Hi Everyone!  The arm is in movement and I just realized what her hand looks like she is doing.  Hilarious - and trust me - its not what she means!   Hahaha!


1 comment:

  1. Holy Breastmilk, Kristy! That is awesome and puts my four measly half-bags of milk to shame! Haha!

    ReplyDelete