Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Cross Your Fingers!


Meet my new best friend....Mr. Cabbage

  1. Buy plain green cabbage.
  2. Rinse and dry leaves. Put them in the refrigerator.
  3. Remove base of hard core vein and gently pound leaves.
  4. Wrap around breast and areola, leaving nipple exposed. The leaves fit nicely around the breast, and the cold feels good.
  5. Cover entire breast, and if needed, the area under your arms.
  6. Change every 30 minutes or sooner if they become wilted.
  7. Check your breasts often and as soon as you feel the milk beginning to drip, or if your breasts feel 'different', remove leaves and try to nurse or pump.
  8. Re-apply as needed (up to 3 times between feedings). Check OFTEN as over use can cause a decrease in your milk supply.  (THAT"S WHAT I WANT TO DO)


I read online about how people put cabbage on their boobs to help stop the production of breast milk - and thought to myself....yeah right.

Then went to the doc - and guess what they told me to put on my breasts to help.....CABBAGE.  I mean, really!  I am going to smell like cabbage for weeks!

Well, I have become captive to my breast pump and am VERY ready to be released from it.  I mean, I think it hit me, when I opened up the freezer and hundreds of bags of breast milk came tumbling out.  There simply is no more room.   I had to box up some and put them in a different freezer and was tempted to bring some over to Grandma's house for storage.

So I have succumbed to Mr. Cabbage.  He is in place now, we'll see how it works.  It actually feels really good being so cold on there, let's just hope it does its job!!!  I have also started, again, weaning from the pump, but let me tell you - its freakin hurts!  And on top of that, I have to massage them to prevent another clogged duct.  So, that's the life of a new momma - pumping, cabbage, overstocked with breast milk, and of course, a sweet lovey baby!

And something ya'll can pray for - Annyson's been congested for a week now and the poor thing will wake up so stuffy and snotty.  Pray it goes away so she can be comfy :)

LOVE!



1 comment:

  1. After having Hudson I had to stop my milk production. I wore sports bras often (tight ones...it was so painful. I am not looking forward to the day I stop breastfeeding Heidi!

    ReplyDelete