This morning was Annyson's 2 month check up. She will be 10 weeks this week - and is growing like a weed! She is 10 lbs 14 oz and 21" long. She is in the 50th percentile of her weight and 25th in her height. Doc said that's perfect! That's what we like to hear!
After driving through the monsoon to get to the doctor's appointment - Annyson did great while we were there - other than peeing on the scale! Sam and I were nervous about these shots she was getting (3 in the legs, and an oral immunization). She was nakie from her check up and fell asleep in between her check up and the shots so we didn't bother waking her to put her clothes back on her.
And then the dreaded moment came.....nurse walked in with the tray of shots. We laid her on the table and the nurse told us, the 1st 2 the pain is from the needle, but the 3rd one - she said "That sucker stings. I'd like to punch out who ever made this". So of course, Sam and I are thinking....this is going to be horrible. Poor peanut.
Ok - she's on the table.... oral stuff first - she loved it! Any sort of food in the mouth makes the girl happy! (Just like her Daddy!) Then BAM, shot one. Annyson waled...face beat red. BAM shot 2 done before Annyson could catch her breath to wale again. Then BAM, the stinger - shot 3. All 3 w/in 10 seconds, then I got to hold her. Once I picked her up, she had maybe about 10 more seconds of crying, then a little just moaning, then back asleep in Momma's arms. She just loves being snuggled and it just soothed her right back to sleep.
So - she is still nakie and we didn't want to wake her to clothe her so we put her in her seat, a little more crying. So Daddy rocked her and Momma held her face in snuggles and she's back down for the count, naked in her car seat (nakie usually means with a diaper on). Momma forgot a blanket, but luckily Daddy had a towel in his truck so we just laid that over her and came home...and she is still sleeping in her seat.
So moral of the story - Annyson takes shots much better than Momma does. She is a champ! A strong little peanut! And Momma didn't even cry! (I must say, I'm proud). We were both strong little cookies today :)
No comments:
Post a Comment