Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Annyson's First Check Up

Monday was Annyson's first check up at the hospital.  They checked her weight, jaundice levels, and we talked about breastfeeding.

Annyson has gained 7 oz  in 4 days - she's at 6 lbs 8 oz now - and the nurse was pretty impressed!  Yep, that's right - my girl's an eater!!!!!  AND - we are back on the boob!  Pain free!  How exciting is that!  We took a days break and at that time, it was so nice having Sam's help feeding her.  But after meeting w/ the lactation consultant, who is growing on me, she showed me actually how to use the nipple shield and now...we are back in business.  I love that time w/ Annyson and am so glad I gave it another shot!  

And - I produce double the amount she needs so after she feeds, I pump the rest (about 3-4 more oz) and freeze it.  So we are stalking up on breast milk!  This is going to be great for day care or days when I can't feed and Daddy has to do it.  

Annyson's jaundice levels are in the low risk zone, so no blood work was taken!  We were so happy!  

So things are moving along.  We are now on day 5 and are loving it.  I just can't believe she is going to keep growing.  I just want her to stay this little perfect baby forever!  Sam and I have already talked about how much we are going to miss having an infant around when she gets bigger.  I bet we'll have 100 kids b/c we love having her so much!

Sleep:   its now catching up to me a bit.  I was super tired during our night feedings last night.  But we have a great system down.  Annyson will let me know when she's hungry - usually around 3 hours, but last night she went 4.  (That's ok - just can't let her go past 5 w/o feeding).  So I'll nurse her, and when she gets done, Daddy will get up and change her diaper.  During feedings she poops while nursing - already a multi-tasker.  So then, while Daddy is changing her, I am pumping the rest out.   Then back to bed!   Seems to be working great for us - but this morning, after our 7am feeding - Momma was TIRED.        Good thing Daddy is a morning person, b/c he got up with her and let me sleep!  

Brooke is here now - and I am taking FULL advantage of her being her!  And so in Annyson!  She already loves her Aunt Brooke so much.

Well, that's it for now.  Annyson has had so many visitors!  We love it!

Mrs. Emily and Mr. Eric came to see me.  I am so special!

Daddy loves my snuggles.

Momma finger feeding me...but now I'm back on the boob and very happy about it :)


Mr. Beau held me!!!!

I love Daddy.

Finally!  Aunt Brooke is here!!!!!

Mrs. Megan came for a visit too!

And Aunt Heather!  She brought Momma brownies - that made Momma very happy!

Sweet sugars from Momma.

ELLA!  I can't wait to go to day care with Ella!

And Emma.  Emma showed Ella how I like to be held!  

2 comments:

  1. I just forget how small they are at first! Enjoy it because it flies by SO fast! Call me when you get rested up!.... I'll look forward to hearing from you when she's...umm, like 2 years old??? =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to email me those pics of the girls! Also, you know I love Annyson if I'll allow my pic to be taken in my running gear!!!

    ReplyDelete