Monday, July 19, 2010

Thursday's the Day!

Ok - last doc appointment was today!  Went to the OB this morning - normal vitals taken - now weighing in at 130.6 lbs and no dilation what-so-ever.  Typical of a Warren - if she was not breech - she would be late!

Then off to the hospital for pre-registration and blood work.  This took what seemed like forever.  Waited, then got blood taken, then waited.  Met with anesthesiologist's secretary, I guess, to get some basic health questions answered.

Waited.  Then met with the anesthesiologist - who I might add was pretty funny - and he basically told me what to expect.   No food or milk past midnight (I'll be in the hospital anyways) and only clear liquids until 6am.  Then nada.  Somewhere from 6am to 10am - I will get my IV's, get a spinal, and get ready for surgery.  He said the worst part of the spinal is the numbing the skin part - the rest is a breeze. He said I will start feeling very strange w/in minutes of receiving the spinal.  I really liked this guy - he told me everything to expect in detail - which surprisingly, I took well.  He said the procedure to get Annyson out - WHICH WILL BE AT 10AM - will only take about 5-7 minutes.  He then asked what my husband's name was - so they'll know what to call him if he gets' queazy.  I thought that was so funny!  So he said once they take Annyson out - she, Daddy, and the nurse go to the weighting station to get all cleaned up and checked and it will take about 5 minutes before I get to see her.  He said that will feel like eternity, but Sam can be there w/ the camera capturing the whole thing!

Waited.  Then met w/ the surgical nurse - which was pointless b/c it was a repeat of the meeting w/ the 1st 2 people.  At this point - I was ready to go and I think she knew it.   That, I might add, did not prompt her to hurry though!

So that's it.  Annyson will be here at 10am on 7-22-10!  I can't wait to meet her!  Doc confirmed I'll be in the hospital until at least Saturday, maybe until Sunday depending on our recovery and how breastfeeding it going.

Please come by - but please call first!  LOVE!

2 comments:

  1. So wonderful Kristy! If you are still in the hospital on the 24th maybe we can come by and see you. We'll be in Valdosta that day! Saying prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO happy for you Kris!! I wish I could come down but hopefully we will get to see you and your beautiful baby girl soon!!! Ill be thinking and praying for you all for the big day!!!

    ReplyDelete