Sunday, July 25, 2010

Life So Far...


...couldn't be better!  Annyson has adjusted so well to being at home.  We came home, gave her a tour of her new home, and welcomed her with love!  

Our first night went really well.  We have put her in our room in her pack and play until I learn all of her noises and what each one means.   She slept so good - but Momma woke up for every noise she made to see what, if anything, she needed.   And mostly, she needed nothing :)  She woke up every 2.5-3 hours to eat, which was perfect for Momma.  I was ready when she was.   And tonight, I will get more sleep, b/c finger feeding take much less time - which means more sleep for Momma!  

Annyson was doing well breast feeding, but after 15 min on the first one - she was out cold before we got tot he second one.  I mean, I would burp her, change her diaper, manipulate her body in all these strange positions trying to wake her up to nurse on the 2nd boob - and nada.  She slept through it all!  And last night, my milk came in.  So I pumped and we finger fed her from the 2nd breast.  

And now I'm hooked.  Its so much easier, much less painful, and Sam can help much more with feedings.  I will probably go back to the breast - but I'm giving them a break.  And I am producing much more than she needs - so we are able to store/freeze a lot for later.   Its working just perfectly for us.

Here are some pictures since we have been home.
I think she has Momma's toes.

First car ride :)

Sweet Kisses
I love my picture taken
I'm so cute!
All bundled up!

Momma coming home with Annyson

2 comments:

  1. I used to have to get keating naked to get him to wake up and eat. They are just so sleepy in the beginning! dont forget about the nipple shields. You can pump with those too! Hopefully she doesnt start to prefer the bottle like he did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that was the hardest part for me, trying to get her to stay awake to eat! I always made adam stay awake while I fed her and his job was to keep her awake haha :-) worked out for me! praying everything continues to go well!!

    ReplyDelete