Thursday, July 15, 2010

Update from Doc

Had another follow up appointment today - all went well. Went in for vitals - got a few Thank You Cards written, and saw the doc. I described some of the pains I have been having, and he confirmed I have been having some contractions. I told him they were bearable - that they didn't make me scream or anything - he laughed and said - ok come in when they make you scream! I thought that was hilarious.

Anyways - he checked if I was dilated -which I might add - is not a comfortable feeling. And he didn't say much - so I am assuming I am not. But she is still breech w/ a very active heartbeat!

So I clock in at 130lbs exactly. That's a total gain of 22 lbs. Not too shabby - and according to the doc - just right :)

So next appt is at OB on Monday morning for some paperwork, then the hospital Monday afternoon for more paperwork. At that time, I will know when we will be checking into the hospital and when Annyson will be here.

Procedure: C-section takes about 20 minutes. I will of course be numb from the top of the belly down. I will feel pressure and movement in my belly from docs getting Annyson out, but will feel no pain! And I will be numb for a couple of hours. I will be awake, Sam will be in the room - so right when she comes out - we'll get to see her! And Sam will be the first to hold our baby girl! What a special thing! I think he's quite proud of that - but would never say it :) So those of you who come to the hospital - from what I understand - you won't have to wait to long to see her either! At least through the glass!!!! How exciting!

I just can't wait for this. I think the Lord keeps women pregnant for so long, so by the time this comes - all fear and anxiety is gone! I'm just ready to get this baby out of me and hold her! And kiss her. And love on her all over! Thank you Lord for a healthy pregnancy and may Annyson be a healthy baby girl!

I'll post again on Monday! LOVE!

2 comments:

  1. So exciting! Hopefully you go in before contractions really start...they suck!

    ReplyDelete