Ok, I am not sure how many people actually read this thing - but I am not sure how I feel about breastfeeding in public. I mean, whenever I would see it, I would feel awkward that I just saw that. I'm the least modest person I know, but I just don't know about it. What did you other breastfeeders out there do, or what are you doing?
In the meantime, breast milk in a bottle will work for us! Luckily, Annyson doesn't care how she gets her food, breast or bottle - as long as she gets it, she's happy! And so is Momma!
Your thoughts?
I am VERY modest, but when it comes to Heidi I will do whatever she needs. I have already breastfed in public many times - covered up of course. Usually I try to do it in the car or if I have to do it somewhere in public I find a corner where its not broadcasted. Heidi does not take a bottle (well, not very much) and its so much easier just to be able to feed whenever. I am happy breastfeeding is going so well for you!!
ReplyDeleteI have an UdderCover: www.uddercovers.com. It has a stiff neck that allows you to see what you are doing as you get ready to nurse and the baby as you are nursing. It has been great. With Luke, I would always hide in another room, but now I do what I have to do. Discreetly, of course, but baby has to eat! Most people are understanding, and I can't worry about those who aren't. If I did, I would have spent the last four years hiding!
ReplyDeleteHey! congratulations on the new arrival. So sweet! I always went to the car to nurse. Frankly, then I could blow the AC right on me and take a chance to cool off!
ReplyDeleteI used the cover at first, but it ended up much easier to plan feeding times for the car. As big of a BF advocate I am, bottle feeding is much more public friendly.
ReplyDelete