Friday, July 23, 2010

She's Here!

ANNYSON RIGSBY WARREN
6 lbs 9 oz  19 1/4 inches

Hello friends and family!!!!  Yesterday, July 22, 2010 the love of our lives entered this world!

From the beginning....we arrived at the hospital midnight of the 22nd, and believe it or not, went straight to our private, big room!  The nurse was in there waiting for us.  She took some blood, ran an IV, and asked tons of questions, until about 2am.    Then it was time to try to get some shut eye.....didn't happen!  I was literally up every 10 minutes peeing.  I couldn't believe how much I had to pee - but it was because of the IV.

So at about 8 am, Grandma, Kiki, Paps, and Heather came into our room for a visit before the procedure.  I then got the catheter, which I may add - was not painful at all - just a bit uncomfortable.  So then, at about 8:45 am I was taken to the surgery room.  This is were I lost it...I was so nervous and scared, I couldn't quit crying.  Sam got all "doctored" up while I was getting already by the nurses and getting my spinal epidural.  I will add - that really didn't hurt that bad either.

Then it begins!  And about 10 minutes later - Sam and I hear the most beautiful noise we have ever heard.  Our daughter is here!!!!

About to leave home to go to the hospital

One last photo on Annyson in the belly

Daddy - all ready to go.  Sam has been so wonderful through out this process.  And I have fallen in love with him all over again watching him love on our daughter.

HERE I AM!!!!!
Getting some love from Mommy!  I just couldn't believe my eyes.  She is just perfect!
Who can look at this without falling in love?
Daddy holding me for the first time.
Kiki and Paps
Trying to get the sucking thing down pat
Me and Mommy!




Breastfeeding:  Annyson had to learn how to suck on anything other than her hands!  I really didn't want her to have the pacifier until she learned and got used to my breast, but that didn't last.  Annyson would latch on perfectly, but wouldn't suck....ever!  She would just scream and scream of frustration.   So finally, last night, at around 3am, I decided I would pump to keep my breasts stimulated while Sam finger fed her with some formula.   Then, he had the great idea of putting a drop of formula on my nipple to see what she would do.  Mind you - now she has had about 4 hours of sucking practice on that passie.   And guess what - she went to town!


So her next feeding was this morning - and for the first time, I didn't need the nurses help!  I put a drop of formula on my nipple and Annyson finally figured out why Mommy kept shoving her nipple in her mouth - THERE'S MILK IN THERE! :)


Just now, Dr. Griner, our pediatrician came in to tell us everything is looking great with Annyson and for us to keep doing what we are doing!  How hard can the be....right??! HA!


Stay tuned, I'll keep you updated on her progress - but if things stay like they are - we'll be home on Saturday!


LOVE!

3 comments:

  1. She is so beautiful Kristy! I know you are so excited! Im glad everything went well and thanks for talking about breast feeding because I am really worried about that part!! Love you and cant wait to see you and your precious baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats - she is just absolutely beautiful! I'm praying everything continues to go amazingly! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting!! Congratulations to you both. It's the most precious time in your life.

    ReplyDelete