Yesterday, I got my staples out - and let me tell you, I was so ready. They were healing and ready to come out. I was nervous - as you all know, I'm a huge wuss - so I asked Sam to come and bring Annyson. I was thinking if she was there, I'd have to be strong and not let myself pass out. And it worked - I didn't pass out - and it didn't even hurt! It may have helped that I took half of a pain pill - but still, I was proud of myself!
So the incision is healing up nicely - and I'm on the road to recovery. I just can't wait to get back to normal. Ya know, be able to go places, just me and Annyson. Be able to move around the house w/o having to pause and catch my breath if I move the wrong way. Be able to stretch by back. And start running with Sam and Annyson. Nurse said about week 6, I should be able to do all that again. But I am still impressed w/ how well I am doing - considering.......I'm a wuss!
Next appt. is August 5th - Annyson's first doc appt. w/ the pediatrician. I have a list of questions! Imagine that!
Updates:
Breastfeeding: Its going great now. That nipple shield is a God send! Still having to pump after she eats, but I'm so ok w/ that b/c we are storing up enough breast milk to use later.
Sleep: The lack of sleep is starting to catch up to me. I'm not much of a napper, so I have a hard time napping when she does, but I try. I at least relax when she's napping. Annyson has been keeping us up at night, not crying or pitching a fit, but making "lamb" noises. I think those noises mean she is working on getting a big poop out or she has to spit up. I mean, we burp the girl for what seems like forever. But last night, I fed her, burped her, then changed her and laid her down while I pumped. Then when I got done w/ that, I burped her again - and voila! She burped again - and didn't make her "lamb" noises as much that time. So that's what I'll continue to do.
I'm hesitant on giving her those gas drops until I talk to the pediatrician. I don't know if its gas or just slow burps. She has no problem pooping. But sometimes she poops while she's eating, and sometimes its a bit later....like right when I fall back asleep!
Its been quite a challenge on Annyson being held all day. She has had so many visitors, she is getting used to being held....all day. Now that its just Sam and I for the week, we are going to work on Annyson learning to self soothe and try to get her unused to being held 24/7. Its hard b/c she's so darn cute - but I'm trying!
That's it for now - I'll keep you posted on her next doc appt.
Thanks for reading! LOVE!
Hold her all you want! She won't get spoiled by it yet and she is going to grow so fast! Also since i learned the hard way... Try to get her to nurse without the shield too if she will. You won't need it after awhile but she may like it too much like he did. Keating wouldn't nurse without it and that thing became SUCH a pain!!
ReplyDelete